Strictly Come Dancing Alex Kingston’s exit sparks same response after ‘finalist’ prediction

The actress, who is famed for roles in E.R and Doctor Who, became the eighth celebrity to leave the BBC One dance contest
Strictly Come Dancing star Alex Kingston and Joahannes Radebe(Image: PA)
Alex Kingston’s Strictly Come Dancing exit has sparked the same reaction from fans after they previously predicted she would make the final.
The actress, who is famed for roles in E.R and Doctor Who, became the eighth celebrity to leave the BBC One dance contest during the latest results show on Sunday (November 30) night.
Alex and her professional dance partner, Johannes Radebe, found themselves in the dreaded danceoff, having had a difficult evening in the ballroom on Saturday night (November 29) as the show returned to its Elstree Studios home following its visit to Blackpool last weekend.
They were seen performing a Cha Cha Cha to Anita Ward’s 1979 hit Ring My Bell and scored 23 points, after the judges – and Alex herself – noted a number of mistakes.
But thy then won an extra three points in the Instant Dance challenge, during which the couples were informed which dance style they’d be performing before being given 15 seconds to pick a costume, quickly change backstage, and then given just ten seconds to decide how they were going to perform the dance.
However, Strictly viewers couldn’t help but worry for Alex, who was last weekend revealed to have been dancing with an injury to her ribs and things clearly took a toll as she and Johannes landed in the latest dance-off.
Alex and Johannes were the eigth couple to be eliminated from Strictly’s 2025 series(Image: BBC)
With a place in next Saturday’s (December 6) quarter-finals at stake, Alex and Johannes re-performed their Saturday night routine as they went up against Balvinder Sopal and Julian Caillon, who found themselves in the dreaded position for the fifth time this series.
After both of their performance, the judges cast their vote, with Anton Du Beke choosing to save Alex and Johannes while Craig Revel Horwood and Motsi Mabuse saved Balvinder and Julian. Head judge Shirley Ballas, who had the casting vote this week, decided to also save Sopal and Caillon, securing their place in Strictly’s musicals week.
When asked about her time on the show, Alex said: “I had never in my wildest dreams imagined that I would last this long. It’s been just the most incredible journey for me. I feel quite proud of myself because I’ve loved the process, I mean 100%, you can tell by my smile. Everyone always says that their dance partner is a friend for life, but JoJo really will be.”
And Strictly fans were seen sharing the same message about the decision. @salyward said: “Sad for Alex…she was amazing until she got injured – was hoping she’d go all the way. Backing Kaz now.” @wavey1068 commented: “I’m glad for Alex that she’s out. Her body and mind are so tired. At 62 it’s physically harder and takes longer to recover. I think she knows that too.”
@CarolineIn36350 wrote: “Alex has been amazing but from her own comments tonight I think she’s pretty knackered, it’s a brutal schedule & she should be very proud of what she’s done.” @louise_sasha20 posted: “Absolutely gutted for Alex, but it was the right choice. I feel she needs to recover from her injury and if she carries on it will make it worse.”
@_blithe_spirit_ shared: “Shame, but the right decision, Alex looked like the spark had gone tonight.” @RyanSoapKing25 shared: “… As devastated as I am for Alex sadly she was the right Celeb to leave tonight. She’s been struggling with injury and her Cha Cha wasn’t great. My heart hurts for her.” @LivvyHammond added: “This was the exact dance off i was expecting, and SO sad to see them go. she was my winner only a few weeks ago. it did seem like she wasn’t really in it tonight though and struggling quite a lot. roll on musicals week!!”



