Trends-UK

Shamed Andrew Windsor’s eviction from Royal Lodge is likely to be delayed – because he is struggling to downsize

SHAMED Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s eviction from Royal Lodge is likely to be delayed until February — because he is struggling to downsize.

The disgraced royal, 65, was given his marching orders from his 31-room mansion after he was stripped of all titles by the King over his links to Jeffrey Epstein.

Sign up for the newsletter

Thank you!

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s eviction from Royal Lodge is likely to be delayed until FebruaryCredit: Doug Seeburg

Andrew has no plans to live abroad despite links to Bahrain, The Sun understandsCredit: AP

Andrew will move from Windsor to a property on the Sandringham estate, without ex-wife Sarah Ferguson, 66.

But he will not be in his new home before Christmas and, with no agreed date, his move could even be delayed until February.

Buckingham Palace announced Andy had handed back his lease on Royal Lodge to The Crown Estate on October 30.

At the time, it was understood the move would take place as soon as practically possible.

ANDY’S CROWNFALL

Andrew set to be stripped of last remaining honour in final humiliation

ANDREW SHAME

Andrew ‘had sex with Epstein employee’ bombshell email suggests

But a source said: “He has a large house where he has lived for a long time and he will be moving into a more modest house so, logically, it won’t happen this side of Christmas.”

Moving out would take time and it was not known when his new home would be ready, it was said.

Its identity has not been announced but it has been agreed with brother Charles.

It is understood Andrew is set on having one final Christmas at Royal Lodge, where has lived since 2004.

The former duke last month decided not to join the Royal Family at the annual Christmas Day gathering. He stayed away last year when named in court documents that embroiled him in a China spy scandal.

His extended stay at Windsor follows weeks of speculation he would seek refuge abroad — particularly the Middle East.

Charles this month visited the King of Bahrain for tea at his £120million Cotswolds estate, The Sun can reveal.

But they are not believed to have discussed his brother.

Andrew has long had links to the Middle East state and to the King’s son Crown Prince Salman and there have been claims he would find exile there.

He was a frequent visitor before he was engulfed in scandal and was given five-star treatment there three years ago.

There are also claims he has been offered exile in Abu Dhabi and use of a luxurious palace.

But there are no plans for him to live abroad, it is understood.

A spokesman for Buckingham Palace declined to comment.

Andrew is set to leave The Royal Lodge after reaching an agreement with the Buckingham Palace estateCredit: Shutterstock Editorial

He is set to downsize to a more modest home on the Sandringham estateCredit: Alamy

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button